>And as Kass mentions, it is not supposed to lace closed in front. It
>really is cut that way, tho why I am still not sure.

I've made two of these dresses and I have to agree with Kass's conclusions that
it is a dress that can be adapted for pregnancy (though I've yet to try it on
someone who is actually pregnant, darn it!).  The curved line one sees in the
pictures of the gown are actually the result of two darts which pull up the
waistline.  Before adding in these darts the waistline is positioned under the
belly, which is perfect for the increase in size during pregnancy.

Jackie Wyatt