> Interesting... but I wonder how well they stay straight, when the hand moves
> and the scissors jiggle, as they naturally are wont to do. And most lasers
> offer a point, not a line to follow, at least on textiles (having just proven
> that while I play with my kitten with the new laser pointer cat toy while on
> the turkish carpet). I wonder if this is a different kind of laser?

You can make a line fairly easily, in fact I have a toy for my cat
that has a smiley face a dot and a few other shapes to follow, all
based on a laser pointer.

But yeah, it's a gimmick and really only useful if you have a steady
hand to begin with ;) And you wouldn't need a guide.

Michaela de Bruce
http://glittersweet.com