Lookee....

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,3217,00.html

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,3218,00.html

-----Original Message-----

From: Cin <cinbar...@gmail.com>

To: h-cost <h-cost...@indra.com>

Sent: Wed, Sep 2, 2009 4:06 pm

Subject: [h-cost] 30s flight attendant uniforms

My cousin is president of the China National Aviation Corporation
(CNAC ) & she has what I think is a fun idea for the reunion this
year.  She thinks we should dress as stewardesses for the reunion.
http://www.cnac.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_National_Aviation_Corporation
She & I typically tend bar as the pilots, navigators, ground team (now
in their 80s & 90s) swap lies & do a little "hangar flying".

Does anyone know of sources for pictures, patches, pins, patterns &
accessories for the ladies' uniforms?  At this point we'd start with
most any 30s stews' uniforms & improve them later.

This is a fun, historical organization consisting of people who worked
the "Hump" route in the late 30s & early 40s, their family members &
aviation history buffs.  CNAC was a supported China by flying supplies
into Yunnan before the US actively joined the allies WWII.

Thanks all,
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
cinbar...@gmail.com