No, I'm only on campus on T and Th so I went yesterday. It's a beautiful exhibit. COLOR! I think I was most impressed by the Meskwaki ribbon work dress. A small but very pleasing exhibit. The catalog is wonderful!

Denise

Denise, did you go to the opening?? [I did!] Thanks for sharing this with the list.

Suzanne
also in Iowa

If anyone is going to be in the area, there is a nice exhibit on the ISU campus in Ames Iowa

Ethnic Textile Traditions of Iowa Immigrant & Native Populations
Sept 16 through Nov 20, 2009
Mary Alice Gallery, Textile and Clothing Museum
Morrill Hall, ISU Ames Iowa
http://isutcmuseum.blogspot.com/

there is a wonderful catalog featuring items from the exhibit, and plans for an on-line tour at some point. I think the hours of the exhibit are 11-4 M-F, but tours can be arranged outside of those hours, I believe.

Denise B