From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Kate Bunting
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 1:11 AM
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Subject: [h-cost] 17c jacket sewing advice

Dear list,

I have at last started on a long-planned project to make myself a
17th-century jacket (for when I need extra warmth). I'm using a pattern from
"The cut of women's clothes" that has triangular gussets in the skirts. Now,
as a not-very-competent needlewoman, I'm finding it difficult to get the
points of the gussets to fit neatly. I'm only working with the lining
material as yet, and have only tacked the pieces together. Can anyone offer
any advice before I start sewing properly?

With thanks,

Kate Bunting
Librarian & 17th century reenactor