I made one like this using a highend lace piece for the cap.? it came out
looking like a real antique.
ksm
-----Original Message-----
From: "Nordtorp-Madson, Michelle A." <manordto...@stthomas.edu>
Sent 11/9/2009 7:51:40 AM
To: "Historical Costume" <h-cost...@indra.com>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Have you seen this magazine cover?It looks like my
grandparents' weddings from 1924 & 1925.
On 11/9/09 3:02 AM, "Penny Ladnier" <pe...@costumegallery.com> wrote:
Please, please help!
I purchased a magazine bridal cover that had been cut up.  I am needing to have
the date it was published because I have two photos of brides with this same
style lace veil.  The cover is from Pictorial Review (PR) from the first half
of the 20th Century.  The illustrator is McClelland Barclay, a popular magazine
cover illustrator.  Under the bride illustration is the title "Special Easter
Feature."  The magazine originally costs 10 cents.  The former owner cut the
publication date off the cover.  If you have Pictorial Review magazines can you
please check and see if you have this front cover and let me know the
publication date.  You can see the cover
at:http://www.costumegallery.com/temp/pictreview_med.jpg
I searched Google for a couple of hours and could not find it.  I did find this
illustrator's PR bridal cover issues for 1915 and 1931.
Penny Ladnier
Owner, The Costume Gallery Websiteswww.costumegallery.com
12 websites of fashion, textiles, costume history