From: Katy Bishop <katybisho...@gmail.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Wed, Dec 30, 2009 11:45 am
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Movie Recommendation from a Spy

We went to see Sherlock Holmes last night.  The most interesting and
amusing part of the movie for me from a costume standpoint, aside from
the lovely ladies fitted cloaks and Irene's flirty red and blue
ruffled bustle, was Watson's fiance's skirt.  At the end of the movie,
as she is walking up to Holmes' house, her skirt is about 6 inches too
long and dragging in the muck on the sidewalk, I lean over to my
husband and mention that her skirt is too long, but as he looks up she
is walking into the house and her skirt is now, miraculously, the
perfect length.  The skirt must have been falling off and no one
noticed in the outdoor shot. :~)

Katy

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Chiara Francesca
<chiara.france...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep, the two movies I want to see for dresses is this one and Young Victoria.
I am so excited!!!

> Having read SH books I still firmly believe that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is
> one
of the leaders of Steam Punk before we named it. :)

> ♫
> Chiara Francesca
> "Which 'Chiara'...?? Nah... wasn't me ;-)"

Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian
katybisho...@gmail.com                www.VintageVictorian.com
     Custom reproduction gowns of the Victorian Era.
      Publisher of the Vintage Dress Series books.