My daughter has been making a corset this past week and it is really
difficult to tell which side is up. Of course, it might get easier when it's
finished.

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Katy Bishop
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:50 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Frasier corset

We went to a costume exhibit a couple of years ago at a small museum in Cold
Spring, New York, and they had a really pretty corset pictured in the
catalogue (it was red), but in the actual exhibit it was on the mannequin
upside down!  We mentioned it to the person on duty--I wonder if they fixed
it.

The exhibit catalogue is still available:

http://www.pchs-fsm.org/pchsCatalogues.html

Katy

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM,  <stils...@netspace.net.au> wrote:
> Just watching an old Halloween episode of Frasier:
>
> The Ros character is wearing a corset that appears to be on
> back-to-front. If so, tghe second-worst corset boo-boo I have seen on
> TV ever,
>
> -C.
>
> PS: Worst was a documentary on the children of the Russian royal
> family with the daughters wearing their corsets upside-down, suspender
> ends flapping around their collars.

Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian
katybisho...@gmail.com                www.VintageVictorian.com
     Custom reproduction gowns of the Victorian Era.
      Publisher of the Vintage Dress Series books.