I agree.  My immediate thought was a rather orangey yellow.  I still don't
think that eggs should have a pale yellow yolk.

Ginni Morgan

>>> landofoz <lando...@netins.net> 1/15/10 4:51 PM >>>
>   I think unless you had a very large concentration
> of fustic in  relation to the concentration of kermes you'd get orange
> rather than "yolk  yellow".
>

> over-dyeing fustic with even a weak concentration of kermes would give
> "yolk yellow."  I agree that orange would be much more likely.

The problem is your comparisons of color are in the wrong time frame!  At
any time in history, up to maybe 1950 or so, the majority of eggs eaten were
locally produced from chickens who ate a natural diet supplemented with corn
or other grains.

As anyone who has bought eggs fresh off the farm from free range chickens
can tell you -- the yolk is most definitely orange. The pale yellow of
today's mass-produced grocery store egg is a completely different color.

Denise B
Iowa

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of
the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure
is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.