Are there other trade journals that I should be looking for pre-1970?

Tons. I run across them a lot looking for dressmaking and tailoring trade journals with patterns, which is usually what I stick to in terms of trade journals. Though lately I've started collecting more old textile dictionaries. I've always collected some, but I've recently discovered the kind textile mills published as combined marketing and customer education. I usually only collect pre-1930 stuff, but I bought a very nice quality and reasonably large 1940s mill textile dictionary recently. Not a trade journal, I know, just not a consumer publication.

Anyway, as for non-pattern, post-1930 (or even pre-1930) trade journals--it's hard to come up with names, since I haven't been looking specifically for them. A fair number are specialty--motoring clothes, furs, hosiery, haberdashery, umbrellas, wool textile manufacture, you get the idea. You need to come up with a set of relevant keywords to search on, and assemble yourself a list of titles as you discover single issues, so you can look for more of that publication. Also, you are correct in that many are published by some trade organization, so you need to research the names of organizations.

Fran
Lavolta Press
Books on historic clothing
http://www.lavoltapress.com