Thank you Ann! My husband is a Cajun...you need to speak French to him. Mobile is only supposta (getting my deep southern accent ready) get snow for a couple of hours this morning. The news said that the parades will roll regardless of the weather. Their snow generally melts off fast not weeks like we presently have. My 4th brother told me it was going to snow, a few days ago. So you are off the hook! Yesterday, my #5 son started receiving snow/sleet in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.

I grew up on the Gulf Coast and know how the weather can swing and sway this time of year. I will be staying on Dauphin Island with my oldest brother. It is a little warmer there and it has a beach! My husband's family lived on the island for 225 years. In 1999 we went to the Coast for Mardi Gras. We wore shorts all week.

Usually my winter escape trips have a lot warmer locations. I justified my escapes with photoshoots of costumes. ***2009 Vegas (it was colder there than here). Photographed Halloween Costume Trade show costumes, Liberace's costumes, showgirls costumes from Jubilee!
***2008 Hawaii twice in one month. Photographed museum costumes.
***2007 Sarasota, Florida for a month. Photographed for a straight week the Ringling Museum and mansion.

Penny Ladnier
Owner, The Costume Gallery Websites
www.costumegallery.com
14 websites of fashion, textiles, costume history