Hi Penny,

Even the enlargement isn't clear enough to tell much about it. Perhaps you can rescan and post a good version.

    == Marjorie

On Mar 10, 2010, at 5:27 PM, Penny Ladnier wrote:

I won a wedding stereoview on eBay a couple of days ago. Please take a look at it, auction 140387324507. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the photo enlargement. I received the stereoview today and popped it into my viewer. We believe there is something strange about the photo. It looks like the people might be in black-face. Can you please take a look at it and let me know what you think. The minister has something on his forehead that looks like a wig cap.

I did a quick Google search on stereoviews and the name BW Kilburn to see if there are other photos in this style. I have not see one. Is anyone familiar with this photographer?

Penny Ladnier
Owner, The Costume Gallery Websites
www.costumegallery.com
14 websites of fashion, textiles, costume history