From: "Lavolta Press" <f...@lavoltapress.com>
Sent 4/20/2010 12:49:18 AM
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Subject: [h-cost] Arty recycling of garmentsToday I've been hand-sewing cotton
lace onto the bottom of an almost-new
summer-weight slip-dress I bought off eBay (to replace a flounce that
was much too long) and I'm wondering: How many adults are doing arty
recycling of garments and linens? By arty I mean more than just buying
something second hand and altering it to size. (So my alteration to the
bottom of this dress doesn't really count, but it still looks good.) I
mean something closer to wearable art, where it looks like you altered
the garment in a creative way. Everything I see on this subject looks
like it's intended for teenagers and also for beginning sewers. Of
course there's nothing wrong with being either a teenager or a beginning
sewer. But, are many adults who are experienced sewers doing arty
recycling?  Or are they just altering garments in a conservative way or
just for size?
Fran
Lavolta Press
www.lavoltapress.com