I've had good luck looking at second hand stores/ thrift stores for
Icelandic sweaters, L. L. Bean has had some with metal snowflake
buttons.  A cheaper alternative than buying new buttons.

Katy

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Alexandria Doyle <garbaho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for metal (or metal look) shank buttons, with the motif
> of snowflakes, holly or stags.  Does anyone have any sources to check
> out?  So far I've come up with white plastic snowflakes...
>
> thanks
> alex
>
> --
> So much to do and so little attention span to get it done with…

Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian
katybisho...@gmail.com                www.VintageVictorian.com
     Custom reproduction gowns of the Victorian Era.
      Publisher of the Vintage Dress Series books.