Out of curiosity, how much might a copyright holder charge for permission to
do this?

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Lavolta Press
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:10 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] h-costume Digest, Vol 9, Issue 144

On 5/12/2010 2:56 PM, Donna Hawk wrote:

you're not going to change her mind, sway her in the least, nor get an
apology.

Correct. My livelihood depends on copyright law. I never see people
apologizing for stealing. So, with two books to get to the printer, as I
say, I just notify the copyright holders. I've been doing that for some
time. I'm sure that any determined thieves are not actually interested in
details of copyright law or quotes from books on it, they just want to run
me around and support each other's justifications for theft.

Fran