I remember that the pdf icon was always somewhere either at the top or the
bottom early on. I was always able to download what I needed.

Now maybe they light gray color would make folks think that it was not
downloadable but if you hover over them they show that they are clickable
for downloading.

Only once did I run into an article that I wanted that I could not find a
pdf button for but a week later the button was there.

Franchesca
http://www.glove.org/