I'm a 2d, and have supported the works by a stuffed, rolled-up sock inside the
straight front :)

In college, when we did "The Country Wife", some of the "larger" girls needed
what we called a "sausage"...a padded roll that went under the bust the width
of the front of the corset. We made them for each girl. They were merely tacked
to the inside of the corset so they could be adjusted if necessary and wouldn't
disappear between shows. Or could go away altogether because...

In reality, it shouldn't be needed. The idea of the corset is not to get
cleavage or lift the boobs under her chin (Though many designers go for that in
a bawdy 18th century comedy). The corset should lift and support and slightly
compress the bust into a higher-than-natural, smooth "prow" shape. Many corsets
have a CF seam that flares gently and slightly at the top. But all this takes
time to get right, and some padding under the bust looks good so....go for it!

Also, a "secret" to fitting are the shoulder straps. where they attach to the
front (I always leave that to the actual fitting...or make it so it laces
together and is adjustable) and how small and snug the "armseyes" they create
are. They should be as snug as the girls can stand it.