Vogue Patterns mag Dec 2010/Jan 2011 issue has a realy nice article on
working with fur.  It has a huge chunk of advice for working with old
furs, mending splits, reshaping and more.  I dont generally get this
mag, but this article was a "must have" for me.  I too, have a closet
full of vintage furs and a box in the garage labelled "road kill"
filled with furs with big holes, badly worn areas & other problems.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
cinbar...@gmail.com