Beth & Bob Matney wrote:
Come to K'zoo next year. I picked up the display copy from Ashgate at a VERY reasonable price...
Jefferson, Lisa. The medieval account books of the Mercers of London

Beth Matney

Thanks for the suggestion - but I'm afraid the cost of the flight from England would reduce the reasonableness.

But a fond little search just now threw up a surprise - a new, cheap(!) copy of this book (below), which I thought was unobtainable, so I've ordered at once.

I'd also like "Much heaving and shoving : late-medieval gentry and their concerns : essays for Colin Richmond" edited by Margaret Aston & Rosemary Horrox - but the same difficulty arises, alas.

Hurray! Now my only problem will be to keep my hands off it until Christmas Day.

So "thank you" to Onaree for asking the question, and inspiring me to have just one more search.

Linda.