On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Franchesca <franchesca.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is your favorite lining to use for wools?

Can we all play this game?

If I"m being historically correct, I use whatever the original
garment(s) had inside.  That's usually linen for the 16th-17th c.
Linen against a linen shirt can drag & twist in wearing.  It also can
get pretty bulky as seams meet up.  If I'm feeling less fussy, I go
for the silk taffeta or a heavy habotai. Mostly I use scraps from
previous projects.

I've not done a 19th coat in a long time, but when I do, it's silk or
raw silk for a lining.

On a vaguely related non-wool topic: The 1920s Spectator Coat
(Folkwear) that I'm doing with the 1922 Nefertiti silk brocade will
have a red slipper satin lining.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
cinbar...@gmail.com