Katy--

Have you seen archive.org ?  They have some books I haven't seen elsewhere,
including scans of books on tailoring.  Some of the new-to-me books were scans
of the registration copies in the Library of Congress.  Many "methods" of
pattern drafting & instructions on sewing-up.

The earliest tailoring book I saw was from the 1830s.

I was not looking for how-to-tailor books, so cannot address that question
directly.

Ann in CT