This just arrived in my inbox.

Joan Jurancich

Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 03:01:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
From: ian.stev...@dbbcdist.com
To: joa...@surewest.net
Subject: new Viking costume book on offer from DBBC

    Dear Joan Jurancich

Hot on the heels of "Medieval Garments Reconstructed" comes another northern European medieval costuming book. This one comes from the far reaches of northern Norway and is written and published by Nille Glaesel.

"Viking: Dress, Clothing, Klaer, Garment" comes in two parts: the book and a folder containing three full-size patterns. Very well illustrated in color and with many drawings, the book is quite unique.

This is what Nille Glaesel says in her introduction:
For many years I have worked with textiles, making Viking clothes and shoes. I have also tanned leather and worked with a reconstruction of Osebergrevlene for the Viking Museum, Lofotr. I am often asked about patterns for the Viking's beautiful garments. It is through this work that I have seen the need for a book which makes it easy for anyone to sew their very own Viking costumes, based on the sparse findings that have been gathered and preserved from the Viking period. Although the findings are few, they nevertheless give us some clear guidelines for cut, use of materials and techniques.

As an imported item, this is not an inexpensive work, but we have done the best we can and we're offering it for $100 for the next couple of weeks.

Click below fo more information and to place an order.

With regards,

Ian Stevens
DBBC
Tel: 1-800-791-9354