In our experience, this definition feels closest:  Robes are "a long, loose or
flowing gown or outer garment worn by men or women as ceremonial dress, an
official vestment, or garb of office."  "Robes" in the context of your photos,
and modern Mardi Gras, is sort of a generic term for a complete set of
ceremonial clothing.

We agree with otsisto's definitions that "train" refers to any part of a set of
Robes that trails behind the wearer on the ground.  It may detach, or not.  It
may depend from the shoulders or the waist.

In our opinion the picture shows "ceremonial robes that include trains".

Our frame of reference is considerably older than the 19thC:  as we know it, a
"mantle" refers to a specific kind of cloak, which could easily be part of a
set of ceremonial "robes."

hope this helps,
chimene