I put "1830s redingote tailcoat" into google and then only looked at the images
page. It was about 6 pages in.  I love the google images filter. It has come
through for me on so many projects!

________________________________
From: Laurie Taylor <costumer...@gmail.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Mon, April 18, 2011 4:04:28 PM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Image search - Romantic period

Wow!  That certainly fits the description!  The date of the image is right
at the very end of the Romantic period, depending on which period dating
system you follow, so I can use it.  The description that accompanies the
image, on the Wikimedia Commons site, does not use the terms tailcoat or
redingote, but then Wikipedia and it's off-shoots are not considered the
most accurate of sources.

Thank you for finding this one.  I am curious as to how you found it as I
could not use the rpmedia.ask.com site.  Maybe the site is down.  Anyway,
for the sheer delight of looking at other images, I'll probably look some
more, but it is nice to know that I've got an image that can work!

Laurie