Costume/clothing design & construction
Alterations & home dec
http://www.ezzyworld.com

On Apr 25, 2011, at 4:37 PM, cw15147-hcos...@yahoo.com wrote:

If it's real silver, then a half-and-half mixture of water and baking soda will clean off the oxidation, and probably not harm the silk? I don't know, I've never been near silk with wet baking soda, I only know it works for cleaning
silver.

Claudine

----- Original Message ----
From: Wicked Frau <wickedf...@gmail.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Mon, April 25, 2011 3:28:04 PM
Subject: [h-cost] Cleaning real metal threads in fabric

I have a gollar which I lined with a vintage black silk and real silver threaded sari. (I think it is silver - it is definitely some metal - it is heavy) One side of it has started to yellow (the silver part). Anyone have any suggestions on how to clean the metal without ruining the black silk?

Thanks,

Sg