Sorry I don't have helpful information, but it's great to hear from you!
Patty

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Leif og Bjarne Drews
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 10:25 AM
To: h-costume@mail.indra.com
Subject: [h-cost] some questions about renaissance,

Hello the list, its long time since last.
I have ben asked to make some renaissance costumes for a shool projekt at a
danish castle. the teachers are going to be dressed up in renaissance costumes,
a man and a woman. They work at a danish castle wich is a museum.
I am going to start this projekt in july.
In some danish inventory lists, wich all are written in german ( it was the
language used then in Denmark) it is often mentioned with wide dresses and
narrow dresses.
My question is, could a narrow dress be the same as the english word “a kirtle”
Its hopeless with danish study of danish renaissance costumes, because nobody
knows the danish terms for different costumes (costume parts) No danish words
for anything except the major things like ruffs, cuffs and the like.
Another question i have for you is: wich fabric would you recomend to use when
i make ruffs and cuffs? They should be able to wash them often, and i thoaght
about maybe using a synthetic fabric wich will hold the shape, and dont need to
be ironed, or perhaps to use silk organza, as this also is stiff and keeps the
shape.
Any suggestions and any help would be greatfull apreciated.

Bjarne