From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Jill Hadfield
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:39 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Shirt collars outside 40s coats?

At 18:18 23/06/2011, you wrote:
>" I'm just starting to notice on contemporary photographs from
>1945-1955 that many men who wore suits or sport coats without ties
>often wore their unbuttoned shirt collars _outside_ the coat (i.e.
>on top of the coat's collar rather than tucked underneath).

This was prevalent in England during that time and I'm sure, into the
sixties.  In fact I think I've seen photos from the thirties with
this style - especially for hiking or camping.

Jill

JiGraH Resources -  www.jigrah.co.uk
Suppliers of products and services for Family and Local Historians Worldwide