I was just at a flea market near Winchester VA and from a dealer who also
had some interesting vintage buttons, I bough a small box of what look
like the description of the "dressing pins" as per the recent discussion
of such.   They are "blued" straight pins, with black glass heads, and
the pins are about 1 1/4 inch long each.  They are in fantastic
condition, although not in an original container (they were in a tiny
square white cardboard box from a jeweler in PA).  A fwe of them have
some rust on t hem, but because of the blueing, it comes off easily.
There are a fwe regular silver-color pins in with them.  Do these sound
like the real thing?

Yours in coustming,Lisa a