Thanks for speaking up ladies. I teach Fashion History and my students are shocked to hear this, but I think we are obliged to tell them. Heck, most of them have no idea about what happened in WWII or even the Holocaust. Sad. They look at History like they view Reality TV.

Monica

-----Original Message----- From: annbw...@aol.com
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 12:21 PM
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Review of new biography of Chanel

And she also took advantage of the anti-semitism to throw her partner/backer for Chanel No. 5 under the bus and take total control. I could sort of accept her collaboration to save her relatives, which seems to be how it started, but she went way beyond that to profit by it and keep living the good life.

Ann Wass