I'd ditto the 1840 & very early 50s just before the hoop comes in.
For a particularly unique example, Queen Victoria, when she was very
young, commented on the excess weight of her parlementary robes.

That said, I'm also going to put in a bid for late Elizabethan court
style in drum farthingales as the 2nd runner-up.  I know  some of you
are gonna poo-poo this, but with a velvet or satin kirtle & skirts,
all of which is fully lined sometimes, interfaced, guarded,
embroidered in metal & beaded to a fair-thee-well. Even the precious
metal embroidery is heavy.  It's how embroiderers were paid, in many
cases, by weight of the metal applied.  Then. once those beaded outer
skirts & jewels & things get tossed on the drum, we're talking heavy.

I supposed much of it matters as to where you draw the definitional
line of "undergarments". Kirtles, even those with portions meant to be
seen are under open gowns, loose gowns are, by some lights,
"underwear".

Whatever the answer, it's a pretty silly question. You can pretty much
find exceptionalism anywhere or anywhen you look for it.  Does mean
that the rank & file wore it.  And while it's an amusing question for
costumers, the answer really isnt much use either.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
cinbar...@gmail.com