I have an occasion coming up next month where Revolutionary War dress is
encouraged, and I have nothing to wear! What I've seen the women wearing
locally appears to be from the commercial patterns and I really don't want to
do that.  Activities in my area range from re-enacting the Battle of Great
Bridge in December 1775 to celebrating the Surrender at Yorktown, October 1781.
At this point, I don't need a ball gown, but want something in the mid-range
with the proper layers. I'm not a member of a re-enactment group, but need to
look reasonably authentic.

My experience up to this point has been mainly Elizabethan and before. There
are many web-sites for the earlier clothing; are there any with pattern
diagrams for the Rev War?  What are some good references?

Thanks!
Cathy