fascinating.  anybody know what you would call (for googling purposes) the JADE
cut shoe, if it was plain black leather, also lace-up top, with a plain heel
about the same height?  looks SO close to the funny little shoes my farm/ranch
grandma used to wear, all the years I ever noticed them!  they were her
every-day, working in the farmyard shoes (slopping pigs, picking eggs, milking,
etc, etc)

she was quite short (around 5-foot or slightly less? and Grandad was at least
6-foot!), and had a very shapely ankle and calf, even if her torso was a
matronly fire-plug.  boy do I remember those shoes.  the period I remember them
from would have been ca. 1950-75???  she was born ca. 1900.  they were probably
a catalog item...

thanks, just in case!
chimene