Sorry, Jeremy Brett just always rubbed me the totally wrong way as
Holmes.  He never let Holmes show any compassion, but was always very
snobbish and superior, esp. to Watson.  And in the books, Holmes doesn't
treat Watson that way .  And  far too many liberties were taken with the
actual plots.  The Russian Sherlock Holmes, by contrast, pretty much
follows the stories as written (without having to dwell on cocaine AT
ALL, which after all, was not a major part of the narratives) AND the
costumes and sets are more reminiscent of Victorian times as well.

But that is is all water under the bridge, as both of those series will
not be resurrected.  The actor who played the Russian version also died.

Yours in costuming, Lisa A