Recommendations from a friend:

I hope that she's not using Valentine Armouries
(http://www.varmouries.com/).  It would be a pity to lose them.  I
recommend them.

If it comes down to a purchase, there's also polyurethane LARP armor,
carried by many suppliers (for example,
http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/LRP_Armour.htmld).

I hope that this proves helpful.

Katy

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Ruth Anne Baumgartner
<ruthan...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Hello the list.
>
> A friend is directing Man of La Mancha in his high school, and the place
> where he was expecting to rent armor is going out of business and has no
> armor.
>
> We're in Connecticut.
>
> Can anyone recommend a rental place, or else refer me to directions for
> building papier mache armor and helm, or offer any other suggestions? He says
> he might even be able to buy, but this would not be actual armor or replica
> armor, just stage stuff.
>
> This is not my period!
>
> Thanks--
> Ruth Anne Baumgartner
> scholar gypsy and amateur costumer

Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian
katybisho...@gmail.com                www.VintageVictorian.com
     Custom reproduction gowns of the Victorian Era.
      Publisher of the Vintage Dress Series books.