From: "Laurie Taylor" <mazarineblu...@gmail.com>
To: "Historical Costume" <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 11:30:12 PM
Subject: [h-cost] Image search - help?

Greetings,

A while back, before Xmas, I was researching sideless surcote pictures
online. Had a few images open in tabs, and had a crash before I got them all
saved.

One in particular is still haunting me. Period painting, a group of people
with some emphasis towards the left side of the painting (viewer's
perspective) - One woman was seated, turned slightly to her right, the
viewer's left. She was wearing a sideless surcote in what would be called
pink ...in modern terms, but a deep, rich pink if I recall correctly, and it
was draped on the floor around her feet.

I've been hunting for this image ever since, and absolutely cannot find it.
I'm starting to wonder if I imagined it. I've gone through every Google
result that seemed even remotely likely. I'm quite sure that it was not a
painting from any sort of Codex. It seems like it was a fairly light,
bright painting. I think that it was from the right time for sideless
gowns, so not anything like a Victorian fantasy, not a pre-Raphaelite for
sure.

This image could have been in someone's PDF file, or it could have been
right on a web page. I do remember thinking that I'd love to have done a
reproduction of whatever her whole outfit was, though the surcote was the
most noticeable thing about it, at least at the moment that I was seeing it.

I've seen many images of sideless surcotes in what could be called pink, and
many of women seated and wearing sideless surcotes, yet this one image
eludes me. I know that this is asking a lot, but if this minimal bit of
description jogs anything for any of you, I'd sure appreciate any nudges in
the direction of images that might be this one.

Appreciative of your patience and your help!

Laurie T.
Phoenix