wow does that sound familiar... the secret computer report on what MY household
buys, so they can quit carrying exactly those items!

oh, and my DH's theory that the MOST POPULAR items are highly likely to get
dropped, "because it's so much bother re-stocking the popular stuff all the
time... customers keep buying and emptying the shelves, so we have to work
harder to keep these items in stock -- nah, let's drop 'em & save ourselves the
work"

and when some national corp. giant buys out your local chain and replaces LOCAL
products with house-brand stuff from wherever they are home-based.

chimene (where Kroger from the MidWest bought Fred Meyer of Oregon and wrought
all sorts of havoc; and where local WINCO chain is expanding into CA and
wreaking all sorts of havoc with their stock as they lower and lower the common
denominator, dropping NW local products for "stuff" that they can get in
greater volume, because of the CA store explosion)