This is OT, but I've enjoyed cooking Chinese food ever since Ken Hom made his
first BBC series in the early '80s. A few years ago when I wanted to make a
favourite recipe that needed yellow bean sauce, I suddenly found that the local
supermarkets had all stopped stocking it. I emailed Sainsburys and they said
there was no longer a demand. Luckily I found that there is a Chinese grocer's
in Derby where I can get it. The supermarkets now sell "cook-in sauces" rather
than the basic ingredients.

Kate Bunting
Librarian & 17th century reenactor
Derby, UK