Thanks all.  I went to a costumed event today and talked with one of the
ladies there.  I realized that in the process of cutting my gores I also
ended up with a pair of half gores.  So DUH!  I'm going to put the half
gores in the back and then magically I *will* have a center back seam for a
zipper.  I can't believe I didn't think of that.  But very nice to have some
good costuming brains to pick.
Julie