Kate

Thanks for the information on the Nottingham Textile Museum.  I'll let her know
that.  I believe that my friend has already been to Hardwick Hall, but I'll
mention it anyway.

Ginni

>>> Kate Bunting <k.m.bunt...@derby.ac.uk> 8/13/12 3:06 AM >>>
I live quite near Nottingham, but unfortunately didn't manage to get to the
Textile Museum before it closed. I've done a little googling and discovered
that it closed in 2003 because the old house on Castle Gate was considered
"unsuitable for the display of sensitive textiles and costumes". It looks as
though there have never been enough funds to display the collections anywhere
else. See

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/place-lace-s-Calais/story-12188773-detail/story.html

(scroll down to see the relevant bits.)

I too thought of Bess of Hardwick's embroideries. Hardwick Hall is in
Derbyshire, close to the M1 motorway, if Ginni's friend can travel that far.

Kate Bunting
Librarian & 17th century reenactor
Derby, UK

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of
the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure
is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.