I think there are Singers and Singers--some good, some not so good, some
indifferent. I used a mid-1970s model until 200

-----Original Message-----
From: Beteena Paradise <bete...@mostlymedieval.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Wed, Aug 15, 2012 11:40 am
Subject: Re: [h-cost] sewing machines

I know I'll be unpopular, but I have always had a Singer sewing machine. I've
upgraded and replaced them but never because the machine stopped working. I now
have 3 Singers. I had 4 but I gave away my oldest one to some college kids who
wanted to start costuming. One I keep as a backup machine in case I have
several
people over to sew or in case something ever happened to my other machines. It
stays in the box, in other words. I do most of my sewing on my 621B (I think
that is the number looking at the machine's label thingie, it is teal green and
white) that I bought a few years ago and my Futura C250. I hear everyone raving
about some of the more expensive machines, but I already have those features on
the Singers and I didn't pay $3000 for a machine either. ;-)

Teena