I bought a new pair of Gingher pinking shears and had the same thing happen so
I sent them off to Gingher to sharpen.  It took them *3 tries* to sharpen them
to my satisfaction.  I think they're testing them on wigan or muslin or
something slightly crisp.  I ended up sending a piece of the silk charmeuse I
was trying to pink and told them I needed them to pink it.  What a pain.  I
actually kind of hate the Gingher pinking shears but since they're the ONLY
people who sharpen pinking shears, I feel like I have to use them, although I'm
beginning to think buying a new pair of Fiskars on sale every time my pinking
shears get dull might be much less of a hassle (though wasteful).

--Rachel