Hi Cassandra-

For reproduction patterns, I suggest you consider Truly Victorian
http://www.trulyvictorian.com/  Their patterns are highly recommended by
many costumers.

Regarding sewing books for the 1890's, Authentic Victorian Dressmaking
Techniques, edited by Kristina Harris is published by Dover Publications,
Inc. is readily available and was originally published in 1905 by the
Butterick Publishing Company under the title Dressmaking, Up to Date.

There are lots of sewing books from that period on Google Books
http://books.google.com/ and https://archive.org/ , such as:

The American System of Dressmaking by Miss Pearl Merwin (1906, 1912)

The Art of Dressmaking by Sophie Klug (1895)

Cutting-Out and Dressmaking by Mdlle. E. Grand'Homme (1879)

The Dictionary of needlework: an encyclopaedia of artistic, plain, and fancy
needlework (1885)

Hand Sewing Lessons: A Graded Course for Schools and for the Home by Sarah
Ewell Krolik (1901, 1905)

Home and School Sewing by Frances Patton (1901)

Longmans' complete course of needlework, knitting and cutting out by T. M.
James (1901)

School Needlework: A Course of Study in Sewing Designed for Use in Schools
by Olive C. Hapgood (1893)

The Elements of Modern Dressmaking for the Amateur and Professional
Dressmaker by Jeanette E. Davis (1896)

 There are lots more!

Bobbie Kalben

bkal...@msn.com