Some things to think about for your debugging:
Did you put in all the facings, linings & interfacings required?
Did you pre-shrink your cottons with hot water and then in the dryer on zorch?
Does the stretch occur in crossgrain direction?
Is your model wearing period unmentionables and, if corsetting, is she
corseting to the same dimensions each time?
Got pictures inside & out?

Also, IMHO, the Joann's quilting fabrics on the bargain wall are not
particularly high quality.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
cinbar...@gmail.com