*De-Lurking for a bit, yes it's been a long time since I posted here*

I'm looking for help with creating a fabric swatch book geared to help me
understand what modern fabrics would be closer in look or feel to recreating
historical garments, especially in the medieval period, although not
exclusively.  Personally I do most of my costuming in the 14th century, but am
also asked to help with everything from early Norse or Rus to Tudor and
Elizabethan clothing, and am starting to play with Regency and Victorian
outfits.  I have a lot of books, but find it personally challenging to
translate the written word and pictures into how the fabric looks and feels in
my hand for myself, much less for other people.

Since I'm at a point now where I'm wanting to take the time to hand-sew my
ensembles, and even considering hand embroidered badge motifs, I'd like to be a
bit more correct on the weights and weaves I'm using for the projects.
Especially since I've got a few pieces of wools that are lovely, but I don't
know if they are the right weight or style for what I want to do.  For example,
picking out what to do with 6 yards of a lovely ultramarine blue angora blend
wool that feels like velvety plush on one side and the other side looks like
what I think is a twill (very fine diagonal lines), the 5 yards of a muted
blue-green that is lightweight, mostly smooth feeling, with tightly woven
threads or the 5 1/2 yards of heavier dark purple (grape) wool that is more
like the heavier coat wool.

I'm willing to pay for swatches and postage-please contact me off-list at
celedraug AT gmail DOT com.

Thank you (and back to lurking),

JonnaLyhn Wolfcat
aka Angharat verch Reynulf, BAO, An Tir