On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Sybella <mae...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the '80s people called pants that ended just below the knee "knickers."

Assuming you mean 1980s: I recall "Capri pants" for women,not knickers.

> Before that, they were "peddle pushers." And I think there's at least one
> other name for them. "Knee highs," maybe?  It seems every time they come
> back into fashion, they are called something else.

Probably, pedal-pushers as that what my mom called the things they
went bicycling in in the 1950s.

Also, Knickers strikes me as something an early 20th c golfer or
upperclass sport hunter (male) might wear.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
cinbar...@gmail.com