*giggle*
My husband had a similar issue with an English loan-word in Toyko. In
Japan, many items, not just clothing, of Western origin have
Japanese-ified names.  For example, "aparto" is apartment, and
"co-hee" is coffee.  My spouse asked the concierge at one hotel desk
if they could have his "pant-su" ironed.  Unfortunately, as in the UK,
he didnt mean *that*.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
cinbar...@gmail.com