Deb Salisbury wrote:

"Wow, that's fascinating! She did know exactly what she wanted. 20 pounds was an enormous price at the time, something like $320, I think, before inflation."

Wowzers, that WAS a pricey order!

The book I'm reading is Volume 3 of a 7-volume biography of George Washington written by Douglas Southall Freeman in the late 1940s. Incredibly fascinating stuff!

Oh, boy, it took some time to scare up all 7 volumes, especially the one covering the Revolution. But it was well worth the hunt!

I highly, highly recommend this series. It should be required reading in every American school.

A lot of libraries seem to carry them; check them out!