As the list seems very quiet at the moment, I thought I'd ask what UK
members who know about the Middle Ages think of the costumes in "The White
Queen"? (It's a series based on 3 of Philippa Gregory's novels currently
running on the BBC.)

I know little about mediaeval costume, but my impression is that they have
fallen into the same trap as the designers for "The Tudors" - the women
show too much hair and not enough linen. Only a few older women wear
headdresses. I assume this is supposed to make the leading ladies more
attractive to modern eyes.

Kate Bunting
Retired librarian & 17th century reenactor.