The photographs are really wonderfully done. It's hard to say that he
should be punished for putting the best face on France during the German
occupation. He seems to have shown both sides of the coin in his
photography, although the German side paid better. And the Germans are the
ones who gave him the rare color film, making these photos so important
historically.

I started to notice how even the women called well-dressed in the captions
didn't have nylons on. Only one woman other than those in uniform seemed to
be wearing stockings. You'd think the Germans would have given them
stockings to wear in at least some of the more posed photographs.

And the shoes!!! I wish I could find shoes that interesting now. Lovely
wedges, wedges with cut-outs, elegant heels and strappy shoes. Oh, my!

Fran, thanks for the link; it was really interesting. I'd never seen any
photographs of Paris during this time and it added to my knowledge.

LynnD