Having been in this situation may I offer some advice. If at all possible ask her to find someone with dressmaking skills to measure her - and stress that the measurements are about accuracy and not vanity! A recent photo can also be very useful to show things like the slope of a shoulder or posture.

Hope I am not 'stating the obvious'.
Viv

-----Original Message----- From: humbugfo...@att.net
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 1:27 AM
To: h-costume@mail.indra.com
Subject: [h-cost] measurement chart

I am going to be making a Regency outfit for a friend who lives on the
other side of the country. Since there won't be any chance to fit it, I
need to get the most exhaustive set of measurements possible.

Can any suggest a site that has a fill-in measurement chart that is
really detailed, that I can send her? Like, not just bust and waist
measurement, but bust and then under-bust, upper arm circumference,
side-seam (underarm to waist), shoulder to shoulder across the back, and
so on. The sort of measurements you'd need to construct a detailed
garment with. I've tried searching but apparently I'm not using the
right search terms. I keep getting charts with sizing on them, not
blanks to be filled in.

Thanks!
Julie